Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Episode 5: Bump in the Way


I am having a problem.


I actually don't know what to feel when HR told me I need to exit to the Philippines. Part of me felt happy and excited as I will have this chance to be with my family AND I will be home on Xioms' 3rd birthday. On the contrary, I don't want to go home. Aside from the fact that I don't have any return ticket, which is by the way will be shouldered by moi, I am thinking of the expenses and the process in POEA. Fuck our government!


HR told me that they don't want me to stay in a near country because they don't actually know when will my papers from the Ministry of Higher Education be released. They just estimated 7 to 8 weeks max, including the processing of my employment/residence visa. This is the reason why they always advice their employees to exit to their home countries. Also, the reason why I needed to exit is that I have used up my 2 months stay in UAE as a tourist. Having no employment visa yet and as what their law states, I need to be out of sandpit for at least 30 days before I could enter their country again unless otherwise the company have issued me an employment visa.


The thing is, our HR is not aware of our POEA's stupid processing. I've been reading the POEA website all day everyday and as to what I learned, I am called - Name Hired. It means that I've never been into any agencies and I am hired directly by the company. Stating this, when I come home to the Philippines and then go back to UAE, I will be needing some important documents for the Immigration to let me pass. Aside from that, I need to go to POEA to be a member and pay
some a lot of cash and attend to the so called PDOS before our government could actually permit me to work abroad. Full of BS, right? This is the main reason why I don't want to go home!

But what else can I do? I don't want to go to Iran or Oman and stay there for like a month or so. I was thinking I have no choice but to go home. Besides, the university will shoulder my air ticket going back here in sandpit. 
Now, the only thing I would ask HR is to give me all those requirements that I will present to Philippine Immigration then I'll book my flight home. Fuck, I only got 7 days left!

No comments: