Saturday, April 25, 2009

Puerto Galera Escapade


T'was my niece's 15th birthday and since it's still summer, she wanted to go celebrate at the beach. She chose Puerto Galera because (1) she's never been there; (2) she's tired of Batangas, Laguna or Quezon beaches; and (3) she's so curious about the henna thing. Konek?

Anyhoo, I was pretty excited for Xioms because most of the experiences were her FIRSTs. First time to ride a bus, first time to ride a boat, first at Mindoro, first time to chew Bonamine, first time to have a henna tatt... etc. -- like I said all her firsts.

So we woke up early to avoid strong sea waves and reached Batangas pier so fast. But I'm a bit paranoid the whole time thinking Xioms might throw up. Thank goodness she didn't! When we jumped into the boat, everyone were super excited, well, except me. Don't get me wrong here, I know how to swim but the fact that Xioms is with me, with the thalassophobic me, and oh my lovely stuff... ugh such a torture! Looking on the bright side though, it'll be just 30 minutes and I saw a happy giggling kiddo beside me.

Am close to a nervous breakdown when we finally arrived. The beach was so crowded -- what would you expect? At first I was like, there's nothing so special about this place but I realized that the place was ok, somewhat interesting. Why? Well, I just want to say interesting - yeah boring!

Here are some pics...


Sey, Nicole, me
my odd henna
Got inked, fake ink! Haha
family pic -- wacky one!
bday girl
with baby girl

One thing I learned from this trip -- enjoyment overpowers fear (of course with lots of prayers in between). Ta-ta!


No comments: