Saturday, August 7, 2010

Episode 8


I don't actually know when will these episodes end. So here goes...


Yesterday, I am expecting a call from the mogul for my pre-departure seminar but to my surprise, I just received a text from him around late afternoon stating that we're having a big problem. The problem was I have to miss my flight tomorrow. Why? My papers didn't come out that day, that the system is fucking down and it will be released on Monday. Frantically, I contacted my superior in Abu Dhabi, told her what's going on and asked her to have my flight rebooked. I didn't realised that twas weekend there and all offices were closed. In short, she can't be of any help. In fairness, she tried but still no use. Nobody's been answering her calls there. I am completely in rage with the mogul at that very moment. As much as I want to curse him or break his nose, I can't or else I'll really be in deep shit! Damn it... this is not the way we planned. He told me that I will fly on the 8th. But what to do? To ease the anger, I just thought that this has got to have a reason. Maybe Lord just didn't want me to be on that plane. So be it.


Today when I woke up, I still haven't got any feedback from Abu Dhabi re my flight tomorrow morning. So I figured to make my flight rebooked by me self. I called the Etihad office here in Manila and asked if there's anyway that they can rebook my flight schedule. Luckily, there is but the thing is, it'll be on Monday next week PLUS I have to pay 100 USD for that process. FUUUCKKKK that! So before I could actually say yes, I told the operator if I can call back again (as I need to have it finalised first with the stupid money-sucking mogul). 
I immediately phoned the mogul and asked if the early Monday flight next week is feasible. He said yes, so I did have it rebooked. I just hope there won't be anymore problems after this. My goodness, 100 USD is no joke! It'll be shouldered by moi! This should work smoothly by now.

I have never been sooo tired and stressed in my whole life until today. Hayyy LIFE is really full of shit. I don't care if it's too early but I need to drown myself with beer!


No comments: