Friday, February 12, 2010

Two Fourteen


Valentine's Day. Yes, tomorrow will be but let me tell you what I know about this "special day" (for majority, I guess) or maybe not. Who cares? I wonder what made it special since everyone of us can or may give our special someone a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates almost everyday. I, myself find it ridiculous whenever I was asked who's my date on Valentine's, where to date on Valentine's, what's your present to him/her on Valentine's and everything. What I'm trying to say here and I tell you, I have nothing against Valentine's, it's just that there's nothing too extravagant to celebrate about every February 14. I do believe that one should give his/her unconditional love to someone EVERYDAY. It's all about love -- the thing that we should give everyday without any push, hesitation, or restitution.

Anyway, I have something to share for the romantics, like me out there. This came from Shakespeare's masterpiece which I think if I finished reading, I would be utterly insane. So here it goes...

To-morrow is Saint Valentine's day,
All in the morning betime,
And I a maid at your window,
To be your Valentine.
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes,
And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid
Never departed more.

-- William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act IV, Scene 5

Now, I should stop.

No comments: