Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Top 20 Movies of All Time!


I'm a HUGE fan of films and I've decided to share these kick-ass ones that you should see, at least, before you die. Oh okay, anytime within your lifetime. Here's my top 20 (in no particular order).

1. Bram Stoker's Dracula
No film could ever replace Nosferatu - the original vampire, except this.

2. A Clockwork Orange
How would you forget the nasty droogs? This film is one of the craziest shit I've ever seen and to my surprise, I heart it.

3. Murder in the First
I think this is the best movie that Kevin Bacon has ever been into. Scenes are very much realistic yet hard to absorb.

4. Memento
One of the movies that made me, at this point of time, think of having a short-term memory loss. Great elusive film.

5. Y Tu Mama Tambien
Never thought of how talented Mexicans are and Gael, oh Gael! This is a must-see joyride movie.

6. Goodfellas
I've always been a fan of crime films. If I could be somebody in my next life, I would want to be a girl Don or a member of powerful mobsters. Girl don eh? Haha

7. Boondock Saints (1999)
People who aren't aware of MacManus twins doesn't have a life. Not to mention my all-time LOVE, Norman Reedus who stars this indie cult classic.

8. Run Lola Run
Best indie film of all time, PERIOD.

9. American History X
Very compelling and dramatic film. This would definitely change your beliefs in life.

10. The Shawshank Redemption
This, I believe, is the way to adapt a book to screen. The movie is full of hope and lessons in life.

11. Pulp Fiction
A classic hardboiled film. Tarantino never fails to create such masterpiece.

12. Frankenstein (1994)
Played by the amazing Robert DeNiro. Though critics say it was a bad film, I personally contest. Watch it yourself then you'll know what I'm talking about.

13. Scarface
Violence and profanity? Name it. But I tell you, this is powerful and shocking that you would never imagine.

14. Into the Wild
Sean Penn directs this true to life film about Christopher McCandless, an American itinerant who died out of starvation. This was beautifully portrayed by Emile Hirsch.

15. Big Fish
This enchanting film was filled with soul which is very far from Tim Burton's bizarre creations. I'm not misleading you, no. I believe that the film itself was a package of creativity, talent and great story.

16. Synecdoche, New York
This is such a rare and desirous film I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone's not aware that this do exist. Before watching this, I require you to be patient and considerate. You'll be amazed in the end, promise.

17. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
How will I describe this uber cool heist film of Guy Ritchie? Hmm.

18. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Three words: Simple yet powerful. And I still can't believe I'm actually adding more words than three; but yeah, Jack Nicholson - one of the GREAT actors of all time.

19. Dog Day Out
Pretty hilarious film that would blow your head - literally and figuratively.

20. Alice in Wonderland (1951)
My all-time favorite cartoon. Never felt any boredom watching this for like gazillion times.


There. I wish I could add some more but you know me, am lazy as a cow to feed you everything. How about you? What's your fair share?

No comments: