Friday, November 13, 2009

Repertory Philippines' Sweeney Todd Musical Play


Attended this production with Cha, Kets and Chie and sure it was awesome! Watching it on its first showing and having free tickets is like winning the jackpot at a lottery. Haha! I felt so damn lucky! I commend Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo's portrayal of Mrs. Lovett, it's a role to kill for and she made an outstanding performance! Though Audie Gemora is not as handsome as Johnny Depp, I guess being a veteran theater performer is a perfect choice for Philippines' Benjamin Barker/Sweeney Todd.

You guys should see it. It's one of my favorite dark musical play. I assure you that it's worth every penny.


"Sweeney Todd" play dates are from November 14 to December 13, 2009 with additional matinees on Saturdays and Sundays at Onstage, 2/F Greenbelt 1, Ayala Center Makati City. For ticket inquiries and other information, call Repertory Philippines at 8870710, 8880887 of Ticketworld at 8919999.

PS thanks Kets for inviting me.

No comments: