Thursday, July 19, 2012

Surprise! Boooo!


Today was just a normal day. Woke up at 7am, took a bath, went to ADU and work my ass out. Little I know that my colleagues have set up a surprise pre-birthday celeb for me. It's the last day of the week and next week will be Ramadan and as always, here I am as a busy bee, trying to get all things done.

I knew that it has been a tradition in our department (esp for staff) to have a surprise birthday celebration. I'm actually always been the silly secret organizer of every birthday bash. I love surprising people, the way they look, react and all that but I really, really, really hate me being surprised. I stay away from it. Lucky me, most of the time, I figured it out before anyone else does. Hah!


But this day, I have no freaking whatsoever idea about anything. I guess my luck just got out of me and searched for another human being. They all got me and yes, I have to admit that I was surprised!


How did it happen?


Well, in the morning, I asked Jen, a colleague which is a great friend of mine if they're up to something and if yes, they should stop and get it over with. She said there is and made me believe (and I hate you Teena!) that it will all happen on the 25th. She begged not to tell anyone that she told me or Cora (another colleague and friend of mine) will kill her. She even asked me, since I knew all about everything already, to fake and pretend that I was surprised. So we agreed.


I tell you, they have planned it smoothly and secretly!


At around 3pm, my boss asked me to go with him to the HR Department which  we have talked about since yesterday. So I did. But before we went there, we made a detour at the UC office as the Provost is there waiting for him. At first I was skeptical to get inside the meeting room thinking I wasn't supposed to be there but my boss always drags me to whatever meetings he's into so I was like what the heck and went ahead. The door opened and yes, it was the surprise. All faces are there even the Provost! Party popper, cakes, party hats, sweets and cupcakes, flowers, face posters, birthday card and all those people that I love.



Honestly, I got angry at first but there's no point of arguing about it. Gawwwddd Pitzel what is wrong with you, they exerted effort, I told myself. But I cant help myself thinking how didn't I know anything. I started to recall everything. I remember my boss bbming me yesterday to wear my purple blouse which is his favorite as he said I look good on it. And another colleague greeted me yesterday and wishes me a happy birthday. And one of my friend at ADU messaged me last night and wishes me a happy birthday 
though it wasn't my birthday. And another message I received saying he knew a secret but he has to tell tomorrow. Rachelle didn't go with us in the bus. Jennifer keeps on running here and there. How come I didn't pay much attention to those hints! I feel awful because I was not prepared - no face paint, bad hair day, dry lips. I looked horrible! LOL

Until now I can't still get over the fact that they got me. how can I be so stupid. But honestly I was touched, felt loved, so blessed and happy. I guess surprises wasn't bad after all.


No comments: