Sunday, July 18, 2010

Daily Routine


As I've decided to relocate, I prepared myself of the consequences that I might embrace but the least I thought of or should I say, I never thought of is the daily routine that I would be facing.


In Abu Dhabi, I am living with my 4 or 6 mates in a flat. You prolly wonder why I said 4 or 6. Originally, we are 5 at home but one friend is out as of the moment because her family just arrived from the Philippines so she preferred staying at her sister's flat, a more convenient place I dare say. Another friend used to stay with us though it was only during weekends, he has his own accommodation near his office. So to make things clearer, we are 4 in the house right now.


Flats here in UAE is no joke. The best example is ours. Apart from its valuable price, it doesn't have an attached bathroom. You see, in a building there were different floors, right? Each floor contains 2 or 3 main doors. As you enter the main door, there were about 3 more doors. These doors are called flats. One master room which includes its own bathroom; one cafe which practically can occupy up to 10 heads; and one bedroom which can occupy 3 or 4 heads. These three doors inside that main door I was telling you shares the same kitchen and if you're lucky enough, the common room which in our case, we don't own. What else... Ahhh... how could I ever forget the shared bathroom of the cafe room and the bed room.


Since I am a newbie in this flat hell, I don't have the right to pick what time should I take a bath. Yes, you
heard read it right! Taking a bath is scheduled. Mine was 4:30am and what made this irritating is that my office hours is from 9am to 6pm. So, I will be picked up by my service at around 8am. Come to think of it, by 5am I'm all cleaned up though I have to wait until 8am for my service to arrive. Imagine the wasted hours just because of that stupid shared bathroom! I could still add it up on my sleeping hours for goodness' sake!

This is the reason why we pushed ourselves to find a new flat with attached bathroom. Luckily, we found one though its price is much higher. Oh anyway, we got the largest room plus we finally have our own bathroom AND balcony is a jackpot! =)


Well, bathroom is not the only hassle of my life in Abu Dhabi. My trip to and from office was hell as the shared bathroom. Home to work is like a 30 to 45-minute drive not including the nerve-wrecking traffic. My service is a long van. It picks up/drops 10 people everyday. My place is the first pick up point so that means I am the last drop. I usually got home 8pm the latest.


So to summarise, I wake up 4:30am just to take a bath.. and I'll be home by 8pm from work. Security guards are in no match with my fucking schedule. Btw, this routine lasted for two weeks only. Thank God we transferred to our new home. Wake up call was changed to 7am and bathroom was all mine by then.



Hayyyy... life in UAE.

No comments: