Friday, April 9, 2010

Broke


Four days left and it felt like four freaking years! I feel so lazy as a pig every single day! I wanna go out and shop but you see, I'm jobless, I'm about to leave the country, and I'm broke! 

Anyway, last Wednesday, Xioms and I went out to have our teeth cleaned. That was the only plan. Nothing more, nothing less. But when we're about to leave home, I received a text from my mom that she's in Rustan's and she wants us to go there. I was wondering what's with Rustan's? We went there anyway. When we got there, mom told me to pick any shoes that I want and she'll buy it. I was like, "Seriously?" though I know mom was never a fan of jokes. So I fitted almost every shoes that I found. Eventually, I picked the zebra-looking flats from Kiddo's and was so happy with it. But my happiness didn't just end there. Mom treated us with a scoop of Dolce ice cream. How lucky could this day be? =)

After Rustan's we went straight to our dentist since we had an appointment by 4pm. During my oral prophylaxis, mom told me that I would be needing one more pair of shoes, the formal one with heels. I was really grinning when I heard that. Mom was out of her mind. She's prolly sick? The last time mom bought me a pair of shoes was way back when I was in fourth year high school! It was an 8-hole Dr. Martens classic boots. The funny thing is that I've been asking for my own Docs since I was in 3rd grade and just got my pair when I was in high school! She's really stingy (but in a good cause/way) but this time, the world just turned upside down. Anyway after the dentist appointment, we went to Glorietta 5, did some fitting here and there until I have grabbed on the Ohrelle's 2-inch snake skin Mary Jane. Imagine, 2 shoes FROM MOM in a day! I'm in cloud nine! Shoes are one of my weaknesses!

New babies :)
After shoe shopping, mom lead us to Luk Yuen and we had our dinner there. At first, I told myself that I won't eat since my teeth were so clean and pearly white. Haha pearly white! But I ended up scooping every food that we ordered. Who would ignore Chinese food, eh? Especially the chicken feet. YUMMM! After dinner, we went home. 

I love you mom and thank you for this day and for my pretty new shoes! You made my broke day happy! Haha!

x

No comments: