Sunday, July 12, 2009

Munchkin's 2nd


July 9, 2007 when I gave birth to an angel who changed my life completely. I keep on telling myself that I wasn't ready that time but surprisingly, I was. It feels like it was just yesterday. It's strange how time flies soooo fast. My munchkin is now 2 years old -- "the terrible two" as what they always say.

Anyway, I have planned for a lunch or dinner out with my family on her special day but you know, not all of our schedules are matching so I decided to do it on the 11th. It wasn't that grand -- come on, I'm not into that! As long as am with my family and some good friends (with good food of course), that would be totally fine.

Grandma won't let Xioms' REAL birthday pass without anything of course. So she bought a Barney (Xiomai's love of her life) cake and cooked pansit puti and some fried chix to feast for our lunch last July 9.

Munchkin wasn't really feeling well that day, she had measles.

But of course she felt good when she saw Barney!

June 11th. We had our lunch at Polu Kai, an American/Hawaian Restaurant in Serendra. The food was good and the service was even better! We enjoyed dining there, not to mention their 50% off cocktails. I got tipsy because I tried all of their cocktails but STILL, frozen margarita was my fav! Luckily, mom didn't bother bringing Xioms home. Thank you mom and I love you!

My happy family and friends

The blowing AGAIN of candles. Yep, Xioms was quite afraid of fire.

And was never afraid of sweets! Yummy cupcakes are from Martha's.

So there. Even though Munchkin doesn't really understand things like this now, I am positive that she will in the coming years. Happy 2nd Birthday my angel. Mama LOVES you so forever!

x

No comments: