Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Single Lady


My ladies asked me out last night for a drink and chat. I said "yes" of course, they're two of my closest girlfriends in the world. Anyway, we decided to meet at Krocodile Grill in Greenbelt. I was quite aware that these ladies were both taken so I assumed that their loved ones will be there too. When we got there, we ordered then ate our dinner. Their "boys" arrived later that night.

We were talking about our plans for this year, having a good time exchanging life experiences, our rants to our beloved companies etc. Suddenly, I realized that in this circle, I'm alone. One. Unmarried. Bachelorette. Unengaged. Single -- whatever you call it. I facetiously told'em that I wasn't supposed to be there, that it was a double date (which leads to a triple date when my friend's brother passed by with his date and have a drink for a moment). Gah!

We called it a night around 11pm. I got home safe and sound but am confused with these mixed emotions of mine. It's not that serious you know but I can't help thinking, "Why am I single?" I know for a fact that there are some guys who have serious intentions, only, I'm not ready for it. There, I've answered my query.

Geez Pitz, it ain't that bad being single. Actually, it's a whole lot better than being attached. No heartaches, no quarrels, no worries! Besides, I already got what I wanted. Munchkin is ENOUGH for me. =)

I love my life or should I say, my single life!

x


No comments: