Monday, May 11, 2009

Addicted to Darren Shan


It's been awhile since I last posted. I was so busy this past few days... busy of work, my kid and searching for books. Last week, I finally found the time to start reading Darren Shan's saga (and I still got unfinished slaughterhouse-five, clockwork orange and a man without a country by my side). My department had a team building in Laguna and I was able to come. I brought this first book (one of the saga) and read it the whole time I was there. I got hooked with the book's characters and indeed t'was so fast-paced that you'll end up craving for more.

It was Tuesday night I think when I went to Fullybooked to grab the second and the third one. I was about to get disappointed when I can't find the third of the saga. I rushed to the customer service to ask for a copy of it. They called each of their branches here in Metro Manila and lucky me, they have one at Rockwell so I immediately signed for reservation. I went straight to the cashier, paid for the second book and rushed out of the bookstore. I was surprised when I got outside, it was raining cats and dogs! I felt happy inside out although I needed to get really angry because (1) I don't have any jacket or umbrella; (2) my bag was like a cloth and even if I slid my precious book in there, it will still get wet; and (3) I see no cabs around and even if there was, I've got loads of adversary! So I decided to go find a coffee shop, order a coffee and read the book I just bought.


Coffee Bean was near the bookstore so I went there. I ordered for a hot brewed coffee and sat outside to have a smoke as well. I didn't actually noticed the time as am enjoying reading while am hearing and seeing the rain pouring. When I checked my watch it's already freakin' 12mn. Daaaaammmnnn! I've been here for 4 hours! And so I hurried home. Good thing cab was available.

When I got home, I noticed that am just maybe 30 pages or so away and the book will be finished. And yes of course, I continued reading while sipping red wine.

Wahhh... can't wait for the third one. Maybe I'll try to drop by Fullybooked later.

PS anyone here got the Cirque du Freak saga? I'm willing to buy books 4-12. Second-hand? No worries as long as it's still in good condition. Please! I prefer paperback btw. Just message me here. Thanks! =)

x

No comments: