Friday, July 23, 2010

Episode 6


I received my employment visa yesterday and there are only two words that burst out of my mouth. YES and FUCK.


YES, as I am seeing things more clearer now. I finally have a job.. a real one after like forever. This visa thing is one of the important things in my life lately. I can say that this is the step 2 of my overall venture.


Now FUCK, because it's been only less than 3 weeks. I could've exited in some near country and prolly be back to sandpit undisturbed in no time! Geez!


Anyway, this episode starts right here...


Since I already got my visa, I pantingly went to POEA this morning.. early morning... very early morning. I'm quite positive that I can finish everything up in a day but luck wasn't with me at all. Imagine: I woke up by 4am, skipped bfast, took a very cold shower.. at first, it's nothing because when I got to the POEA office I am 5th in the line but in the end, I went home with nothing. How cruel is that?


POEA is and should be opened by 8 in the morning but what else to expect? This is a government sector... in short, when I was there, twas quarter to 9 when they started opening their windows. In fairness to them, all the docs that you'll be needing to submit is posted in every walls. So I advice you to use your eyes instead of your mouth. But I need to press on one important matter. Yeah, you posted the requirements that every applicants should submit but please
BE PRECISE. I haven't found in any of your postings at your office and even in your website that you guys require a POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Office) verified contract. I mean come on! You're exactly aware that not all applicants came from an agency or some sort. It's as if this verification could be done in just a snap.

Back to the episode...


When it's my turn to submit my documents, this asshole checked on my papers and then returned it to me. Having a contract with no verification, he just told me "Have your contract verified and when it's done, go back here." As easy as that. This moron never realized if I came from Timbuktu or what. Compare our small talk in less than 5 minutes to the hours I spent waiting outside. And what's worst, the verification thing should be done in POLO of the country to where you're hired to work. I ain't finish yet. In order to have your contract verified, there are loads of requirements that
you need to your employer needs to submit as well.. including your original visa. So to make the story short again, I have to mail my original visa back to my employer so they can start on processing this fucking verification of my contract. Kill me now will you please?

The imbecile in the counter didn't hear anything from me as I turned my back on him though I want to break every inch of his bones or maybe start an amok. Instead, I started smoking and walking non-stop in the heat of the sun. I stopped when I saw I was in Shangrila Edsa already. So there, I just went home totally bruised inside. Now, I am starting to think that I hate being a Filipino.


Hayyyyy.. life sucks awesomely!


No comments: